Thursday, October 08, 2009

Welcome to Hyderabad - Part 1(Traffic)

Well its been 3 months in this city and I still haven’t blogged about it yet.. Now that’s no sign of a good blogger.. So just so that I show one sign of being a good blogger so I can be proud and pat myself on the back I thought I’ll get a few ideas across.. So to those who don’t know this is Hyderabad.. I don’t know what its called the land of..or else I would have named it Hyderabad , Land of “whatever its called”. Well, I got to admit one thing about this place. It’s not as bad as they say.. Actually overall its an absolutely great. Its fast, adventurous and filling. Yup.that around covers the points I would have put across. I have been on a lot of roads but this place is the best. If you think about it you’d realize that somewhere in the annuls of history this was the place where they tested out all traffic rules.. They just got a couple of vehicles together, made sure they were seated with all possible number of people, (starting from what is possible to what would never have been thought to be) and then just put them there on the roads to see what would happen. Few inferences they might have made were,

1. We need lanes. People going both ways can NOT drive on the same side of road and still remain happy drivers. Some people have to drive on the other side of the road. (No.this was not the reason they had to come up with the 377 too!!)



2. We need service centers. Although general rules in Hyderabad governs that every vehicle less than or equal to a Tata Indica will invariably have a dent in it, people are getting richer. So we need service centers for the high end cars.

3. Buses should be fitted with brakes which work even while enroute. – I got no explanations here.. Its just there. You either get off a bus fast or die trying.




4. Number of people in a three wheeler vehicle should be limited. – There’s one good thing about this place.. You get to hang around a lot.. I have been to a lot of places with my friends. But I get to hang out(..of an auto..) all the way enroute.

5. Auto stands – At some point of time in the “past history” of Hyderabad a Mr. Reddy decided one thing. “ I can’t stand it that autos come and stand where I stand. Those contraptions have to stand where autos stand”. And thus was created the concept of Auto stands.And to honour him there’s one in every household of Hyderabad.. I don’t mean the stands. Lets get one thing straight. You can’t blame the rickshaw drivers. They are just hoping to get a good paying ride. They just have to be ready all the time. It’s hard for them to differentiate between a guy hailing an auto rickshaw and a guy yawning. For them every guy on or off the road is a possible customer. Even if he’s just getting off another auto!People, give them credit for all the circus tricks they pull off with an over laden vehicle. Sheesh!!

Well I’m proud to be a part of a city which can boast of being the inspiration for many rules but there’s one single problem! Give us a break!! They forgot to get this place back into shape. Well the least they could have done in return was implementing a few of the rules, right here!! Even a beta model would have pepped things up a bit. Well be grateful all of you out there!!. We are risking a lot to make your roads safer in the future...Well you know what they say.. “if u can’t beat ‘em join ‘em”.. And I’m doing just that. More to come… As I said ..its fast, adventurous and filling.. I still have the last part to cover..later then…

6 comments:

Nayana said...

hehe...cool!!
y dnt u include d fact dat v hav to pay half of wat d auto is worth after 11?

Daniel said...

hey,
you think hyderabad is high in number of people in autos. get out and see the outer Ap. Try going to nagarjuna sagr or something you'll notice Cyberabad is much better when it comes to number of people in an auto.

sumi said...

YES..a person hu did some driving in Andhra can drive anywhere in the world.He will have considerable presence of mind..ask me ,bcos i have my licence from vijayawada!!!!

Appu said...

The highest i have seen is jamshedpur is 12 :)....yes...on a single auto!!

Anonymous said...

its a whole new gay world out here!!..nice to have u here maan

Daniel said...

@Appu: which kind of auto.. 12 is found in outer Ap. Once on a trip to Nagarjuna sagar we saw that. The Auto roof itself was modified so that people can sit on the laps of other ppl if needed