Wednesday, December 02, 2009

My Regular Day

My next planned blog was supposed to be something serious. But I couldn’t help writing this one!!

A day at work (where I currently am)..

A day at my work(which excludes Thu-Fri) can be defined in a very logical manner and a perfect algorithm. Funnily enough coz the work I do requires neither logic nor an IQ for that matter. So here’s how it is

Step 1 : Access Client system
Step 2: Check number of tickets
Step 3 : Detect processible ticket while wondering about all the other ones which are just lying in your bucket for days…
Step 4: Open ticket
Step 5 : Open authorization form
Step 6: Check signature
//The most complex part comes here at which point my brain creaks into motion//
If form has all necessary signature create/change/remove/do something! to user ID
ELSE reassign to respective people.
Step 7 : Goto Step 1 until we have only non-processible tickets to sit and wonder about
Step 8 : Sit simply
Step 9 : Check time.sit simply
Step 10 : Loop step 8 and 9 till time = 8:00pm.
Step 11 : Leave to die of boredom another day.
Its fun… :)

The argument you may have here is that all work have this. Well I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for the fact that in a 7-day week (as all weeks are) I am stuck 3 days(MTW) with a floor full of similarly pissed people, 2 days(TF) with a laptop and no people and the last 2 days(Sat,Sun) with laptop and 2 people both of whom occasionally go into a volley of “enti”, “ante” and “cheppandi”! The only word catching my attention in the exchange being “Lunch” which is just the same without the laptop. Ironical is the fact that although I was taken for my analytical and communicating skills , I aint analyzing nor am I even remotely communicating!!

Imagine that! ME! Silent!! With that unbelievably pleasant thought to think about I bade you farewell.

2 comments:

Jithin Prakash said...

lol.. imba!!

Nayana said...

rotfl!!!
typical day fellow consultant!!
atleast mine is more on-d-edge wid d boss after u wid a whole load of deadlines n deliverables..