Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mutant Sarees


I’m not exactly sure how many of my so called imaginary “readers”(yes I had to overdo and stress that point) would agree with me when I take up such a comparison.. but this is one matter of real concern which has been gnawing at me for a really long time… And I’m not using that term in the usual sense of just “making me think”.. It has really been gnawing and getting on my nerves…But luckily for now half my stuff are safe from these anomalies… As a matter of fact, more than just as an analogy sometimes I really wonder if it could be true.. But before I get into the matter a small intro into things… Mutants, as is known to all movie buffs(and I’m not talking about the real critics here…just people like me who enjoy an occasional blast and a fight.), have that innate tendency to multiply uncontrollably and pop up from the most unexpected places.. Now keeping this in mind I cant help but wonder if the sarees at my home are undergoing such a complex extra-terrestrial intrusion.. This situation can easily be proved y stating three simple facts…

1. Sarees are only bought and worn by my mother

2. Irrespective of location, time or occasion you open a shelf, you get a saree if and only if you’re a male.

3. My mother never finds a saree when it’s the location, time or occasion




That’s the situation…At times it seems as if all the “mutant sarees” follow a simple replication and replacement modus operandi and end up turning up in our drawers with no clue whatsoever as to where the shirts and pants disappeared. And when one is actually required (not by me) they’re just soooo elusive!!! Worst of all is the fact that they don’t JUST turn up…Nope!! They end up falling all over and around you when you least expect them. Well that’s the storyline at my home : “Attack of the Mutant Kancheepurams”*

* For the uninitiated “kancheepuram“ is a special class of high quality (the "expensively good" types) sarees..

1 comment:

Lonewolf said...

hey bro, nice post. Think aunty will like it? :P