Thursday, August 14, 2008

Now this post really comes under the title of “miscellaneous” coz its not about anything in particular but just a condensed version of lots of thoughts that strike me in different situations. Special note for this blog: I shall be trying to write the posts in a Situation – Thought combination,but excuse me if I don’t manage to come up with situations at times.. Also I might add more thoughts based on what turns up along the way and will be posted as they come, whenever they may be.

1. Now this is one situation at least most of my friends from Kerala would be able to relate with. It might not make much sense to anyone who hasn’t been on the hearing end of such a conversational oxymoron but I swear I am not making this up.

Situation: Teacher : “Ay..Why all this talking(noise)??Are you writing with your mouths??”

Shanker’s Thought : Come on!!!This makes no sense at all..If we were actually using our mouths to write I really doubt we’d be able to do any talking at all..The only reason we are able to talk is coz our mouth is free while we write with our hands!!!Sheesh…………

2. Ok…done with the really poor jokes…but I just had to put that one first coz I’ve been wondering about this for the last 8 years or so!!!!Onto a bit more serious thought. I got no practical situation to explain for this one. There are innumerable number of quotes on changes and discussions about how one is good ,the other is bad etc. etc…So here’s my thought on that..

Shanker’s Thought : Changes are neither good nor bad.It is how we adapt to them that gives them any quality.

3. Ah!This one’s got a bit more philosophical touch. I’m not explain any more..

Situation 1 : ABC : “ That guys amazing.He doesn’t care what people say about him”

Situation 2 : XYZ : “Its ok..He doesn’t care what others think about him”

Etc.etc…

Shanker’s Thought : Makes no sense at all!!!!…I cant believe there are nitwits in the world who actually say this kind of stuff. Every single person cares about what people say or think about them… Whether they react or not is completely different; but they CARE….So people of the world I implore you…..dont be so idiotic as to form an impression about ANYONE like that…..!!!!!

5 comments:

Paro said...

Good post there...
Thought 1: Good one there
Thought 2: Totally agree
Thought 3: Howard Roark???

Shanker said...

@paro
I had to read up on who Howard Roark is!!!!!but thanx...

Another Blogger said...

hey jus came across ur blog.. good goin there..
i think ur first thought has crossed the minds of many cos it definitely has crossed mine..
your second thought is well presented...
as for the third tought i think every person on earth undertakes/does not undertake any action for four reasons alone: approval, acceptance, appreciation and admiration.. i, myself have written a post on it.. the person may 'act' like he doesnt care - only to gain these four things..

nice post.

Hari Vishnu said...

dat sure is a weird mix of thoughts bro.. i wonder if it can be filed under miscellaneous even :).. try random, arbitrary, nonsense, etc

have related to thought 1 :).. thats a common dialogue even i used to hear in class.. too bad i wasnt in a pj-mode then :).. and since im a rare breed of people who actually appreciate pjs - good (bad) one, lol..

Hari Vishnu said...

btw, i wonder if posting in points is the new blogging fad or just something that stuck onto us after 4 years of engineering education :)